Monday, January 25, 2010

To Whom It May Concern

*Dear Mother Nature,
Hi. How are you? I am not so good. Please stop bringing us nasty winter weather. No more blizzards, no more snow, no more ice, no more fog, no more white-knuckled drives to and from work. I'm ready to be blanketed by the sun's warm rays and take vacation days to enjoy the nice weather, instead of taking days to protect me from going outside. Think you can work on that? Thanks!
Love,
Nic

*Dear Soccer Mom Driver of the Cadillac Escalade on I-235 this afternoon,
I've got an idea - rather than talking on your phone while driving a vehicle you clearly can't handle, get off your damn phone, stop cutting people off by weaving in and out of lanes, and realize that 4 wheel drive does not exempt you from winter driving conditions. Face the facts, you aren't going to make it to the PTA meeting on time. News flash - there's a blizzard - and no one on the interstate is going more than 35 mph right now. It gave me much pleasure to meet you at the stop light of the 50th street exit....guess all that weaving didn't get you too far ahead of the rest of us.
Best Regards,
Nic

*Dear James (customer service rep from Verizon),
Thank you for helping me with my billing question. Although I was not jazzed about being on hold for 6.46 minutes, listening to all the nonsense recordings you had for me before you answered, I do appreciate you sticking to your script of, "I understand your concern and will be happy to help you with this billing issue." My faith was fully restored in your company when the billing issue was resolved without a problem. And by the way, I'll be pressing "1" next time to volunteer to take the customer service survey at the end of my call - betcha I don't wait for more than 1 minute before someone answers.
Sincerely,
Nic

1 comment:

  1. Funny stuff! I was on my way home last night after dropping Naomi off at a restaurant. I took the 5 bypass south of town and was passed by a car going 85 or 90 passing cars left and right--I was a bit embarassed as the license plate said 'ISWHO.' Anyway, about 5 miles later, I pulled up next to him/her at the Mills Civic exit. All that dangerous driving and speeding go them nowhere!
    Roderick

    ReplyDelete