The Village People said it best, "...and I'm sure you will find many ways to have a good time." So true.
L and I got up bright and early today to join the gym. Why the Y? It all started back in November when JW and I were talking about doing a Yoga class. We looked at a few Yoga studios before JW suggested the Y. I loved the idea of having so much more at my fingertips than just a Yoga class - pool, gym, weights, machines, etc. And so it was decided.
There were a few other things that made the decision even easier:
-L had also been talking about joining a gym, and she too, was on board with the Y
-We learned there would be no joiner fee if we joined on or before 1/17
-More friends hopped on the Y train, including LW, Naomi, and Rod
-We each could save a little money by pairing up and doing a family membership
-You can quit the gym (I want to quit the gym!) at any point - no contracts or penalties
L and I checked out our new surroundings this morning and proceeded to work up a sweat on our first day, complete with a high-five in the locker room afterward, to congratulate ourselves.
There are so many things I'm looking forward to:
-Fitness classes, including spinning, abs and back, Y-pump, body jam, and of course Yoga (what started the gym talk in the first place)
-The ability to run inside on days when it's too cold to run outside.
-Taking advantage of open gym, by organizing a friendly basketball game with the whole group
-Keeping a workout journal and documenting what I've done each day. I think it will be both motivating and fun to see my progress.
Operation stay fit is now in place!
March Madness 2018
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment