Saturday, February 27, 2010

Double Lutz Wishes & Triple Salchow Dreams

I love to try and experience new things, and after suggesting the idea of ice skating before the season is over to L, she thought Friday evening would be a good opportunity to do so.

First thing was first, dinner with Naomi and Rod. We've been trying to go through the DM Metromix Top 100 Restaurant list and decided on Mama Lacona's (esp since they are closing for good on Sunday) After a lovely dinner, we headed to Brenton Skating Plaza, where we met up with LW for a little ice skating action.

It was a beautiful night to ice skate - dry and not too cold. The DJ added to the ambiance with some good tunes, including JT/Madonna, Lady Gaga, and Metallica, all while "drinking in" the glory that is the Metro.

I'll admit, I was a little nervous. I had my doubts as to how I'd do on the ice. I kept picturing myself slinking along the side, holding onto the railing the entire time. But, turns out, I didn't do too bad. It's similar to rollerblading, which I loved back in the day. As the evening went on, my confidence level grew and I attempted some choreography. Unfortunately I wasn't able to whip out a triple axle but I did manage to skate on one leg, skate backwards, spin, and rock a few dance moves, including my go-to maraca snap. Although I missed my chance at the 2010 Winter Olympic Games, I'm pretty sure I can be ready in time for 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment