Monday, February 22, 2010

Rockin' the Plank

As I mentioned in my last post, Yoga is by far my favorite fitness class. It's been about a month since my first yoga class in almost 2 years and I feel that each class I'm improving on my strength and balance.

Tonight I reached a small goal I set for myself in doing Side Plank without the assistance of my knees. Although my arms were definitely a little shaky as we held the pose for several breaths, I held strong and refused to give up. That's one small step for Nic, one giant leap for womankind. (or something like that...)

2 comments:

  1. nice job setting a goal & reaching it.
    i've been loving yoga class too. it is fun to feel some improvement, and judging by the soreness, i think i'm definitely getting a workout from it.
    thanks for encouraging me to go!!
    my goal is side plank with either feet stacked or leg raised.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah - I looked over and saw you rocking it like a champ! Way to set a goal and go get it...

    ReplyDelete