Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Kickin' Creative Outlet

As I was picking up my room tonight, I looked into my closet and wondered how I am ever going to find a place for the two new pair of Uggs I got. (I know what you're thinking - 2 pair seems gluttonous, but to say I got a killer deal is an understatement...two pair for less than the price of one!)

I couldn't help but get distracted for a brief moment from the conundrum I have found myself to be in and look at what I consider to be some of my art. If you know me, you know I hardly have a creative bone in my body when it comes to the more conventional ideas of art. I cannot draw to save my life, I'm pretty sure my 18-month old niece could paint better than me, and you could mistake the clay Snoopy sculpture I made in junior high to be the Blob.

I believe my creative outlet comes through my style. And shoes are a big part of that creativity. A diverse collection of sneakers, pumps, flats, and boots. Here a few of my favs:

Collectors Item: Hale Bob's Fergie

While looking through a magazine a couple of years ago, highlighting Hale Bob's '08 spring collection, I saw these and fell in love. As luck would have it, a few weeks later while surfing the net, I found them at victoriassecret.com, marked down. A few clicks later and they were mine.




Sneakers: Adidas Sailing White

I blogged about these back in December.



Heels: Steve Madden's Triumph

A chic nod to the 80's. I rocked these in Vegas for the No Doubt concert and received many compliments, including some from ballroom dancers we sat next to at a club after the show.




Flats: American Eagle's Ava

These shoes are so comfortable - they feel more like slippers than shoes, yet they still maintain a geek chic look. And the fact that I paid $10 for them at Payless makes it even better! (Mine are red)


Pumps: Naughty Monkey's Hide 'n Seek

These are a favorite because of how different these are. There's so much going on from the wooden heel (which normally I'm not a huge fan of, but it works here) to the netting, to all the bright colors. Comments I've received on these pumps range from, "Those are the most fabulous shoes I've ever seen" to "those are 'f' me shoes." (that comment coming from a bartender in Greece)


Boots: Uggs - Classic Cardy/Classic Short

Of course I have to give my new Uggs props, mainly because of the stellar price. (And how great they'll look with my denim mini :) ) Although I haven't worn them yet (need to treat them first) I know I'll love them and get plenty of use out of them.





Booties: Not Rated's Yankee Doodle

My first and only pair of booties. Super cute when paired with a sweater dress, but versatile enough to wear with jeans.



1 comment:

  1. what can i say i knew we were gonna be friends when i showed you my naughty monkey's and you pulled yours out! we need to get you a fly dress for those hale bobs :)

    ReplyDelete