Sunday, February 21, 2010

Operation Get Fit Update

I'm about 3 months into my Y membership and I'm happy to report I'm still going strong. I've taken advantage of the warm, dry environment, on those days when it's too cold or wet to run outside. But the biggest highlight, for me, is the classes I've taken advantage of.

*Body Jam - Naomi and I danced up a sweat during this class, working on our hip hop, Latin, and swing moves. It's not something I'd want to do every week, but it's a fun spin to a cardio workout, incorporating some sweet dance moves I have every intention of breaking out the next time I hit the dance floor. If I'd attend this class more often, I'm pretty sure I'd be a top contestant for Dancing With the Stars....just sayin'.

*Spin - L and I checked this out Friday morning. We were ridin' the spin V-train up until that point, so nerves were a little high, and we certainly didn't fit in with the "regulars", as they came in full cycle gear, but we quickly got the hang of it and really enjoyed the workout. I'm definitely in for spin.

*Abs/Back - A quick but effective workout of the core. Just waiting for BC '10 to roll around so I can show off what's sure to be my washboard stomach ;)

*Yoga - This is by far my favorite and the class I've attended the most. The stretching, the strength-building, and the meditation - all make for a combination of a great workout. It's definitely a nice getaway from the usual cardio.

2 comments:

  1. We could use a countdown on BC '10...and Ben really knows how to work it out, love me some lavendar. -Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  2. who knew that lavendar smelled so nice?!

    and i agree about the need for a countdown...it'll be here before we know it!

    ReplyDelete