*I realized how very few Robert De Niro films I've seen, after watching the video montage during his Cecil B Demille Award presentation.
*After seeing a short clip of the movie and Claire Danes' acceptance speech, I want to see Temple Grandin.
*The fashion trends of the evening had high and low points for me. A big trend seemed to be nude, pink, and long-sleeved dresses, many of which I didn't care for. One-shouldered asymmetrical dresses also had a huge presence, which I dig.
*Best Dressed (In my opinion):
Mila Kunis in a beautiful emerald, one-shouldered dress:

Sofia Vergara looked fierce in red:

Mark Wahlberg - Based on pure hotness:

Worst:
Julianne Moore - This one-shouldered look is one that I cannot get on board with. It's awful.

Michelle Williams - This floral motif should be left as a wallpaper pattern, not a dress.

Jeremy Renner - I don't really know much about tuxes, but I wasn't a fan of the black on black.

*I was disappointed with some of the looks of the evening:
Natalie Portman - I've read mixed reviews online on her dress. Personally, I thought she could do better. I do not like the rose on the dress.

Emma Stone - I've always loved her vibrant auburn hair, so when I saw her new blonde do last night, it made me sad.

*The highlight of the night was Chris Colfer's acceptance speech. The look of shock on his face is endearing and his speech was completely heartfelt and sincere. If you don't want to watch the entire video, at least start watching at about 2:18 - LOVE those last few lines. "Screw that kids"
*Award shows are so much more fun when you turn them into a drinking game. We each picked a time when we had to drink:
-S: Anytime you didn't guess the winner correctly
-J: Anytime the nominee and his/her date would look at each other
-Me: Anytime the winner thanked the HFPA.
Mila Kunis could wear mesh shorts and a sweatshirt and look hot.
ReplyDeleteWait, Artie can walk?! Also Lea Michelle, quit the crying already. Chris, good speech.
ReplyDeletecan't wait for the next awards show. so much fun.
ReplyDelete