After venting hardcore at work this afternoon, I was quickly put back in check, thanks to a "Bravo" I received.
Earlier in the day, I had received a piece of "feedback" (I use this term very loosely in this case) that brought out, shall I say, a "passionate" side of me. After discussing it with my supervisor, the conversation ended with the ever frustrating phrase, "I agree with you, but right now there's nothing we can do about it." Awesome. I wasn't in the best mood after that, needless to say.
Later in the afternoon, a manager up in staff had asked me a couple questions regarding work comp. I looked up a couple documents for him and emailed them over. It only took me a mere minute to gather the information he was looking for, but he still recognized that I was living one of our values, "we work as one team" and sent in a "Bravo", which is essentially a way to give recognition to associates for their efforts. Although it was not necessary, it was definitely appreciated and welcomed, especially after getting the "feedback" I received earlier in the day.
The Bravo brought a little more perspective and made me realize that my efforts do not go unnoticed. That type of positive feedback provides me with more value than I'll ever get out of a piece of feedback, like a I got earlier today. It was exactly what I needed to turn my day around.
March Madness 2018
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment