Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Nicki Minaj

Fabulous. There is no better word I can think of describe Nicki Minaj. She's eccentric and totally out there, but that's exactly what I love about her. I didn't really discover her until hearing her show-stealing verse in "Monster", but that's all it took to become a fan. You'll notice in her songs, she goes back and forth a lot between her "normal" voice, a soft spoken one, and a louder, bolder voice. I recently learned, after watching her interview on Chelsea Lately, these are a few of her "alter egos". Her "normal" voice is Nicki, Barbie is the soft spoken one and Roman is the bold one, whom she describes as "crazy" and the "flamboyant gay boy". Ah, fabulous.

"Monster" continues to be a fav, but I've been giving "Right Thru Me" and "Check It Out" f/ will.i.am more listens and finally decided to download them today.

2 comments: