It has been a few days since my last posting and I feel like I owe it to my blog to explain why. I had a nice little weekend planned (didn't make it to Home Depot, not enough time.)
It all started Thursday evening. KC and I had plans to go out for dinner and drinks to celebrate her new job. So we met at Los Cabos for what always proves to be good margaritas and good food. (highly recommend this place if you are in the mood for Mexican.) We weren't quite ready to call it a night after dinner so KC suggested we walk over to Graze to get a martini. We bellied up to the bar and I took the bartender's suggestion of a tropical/pineapple-ish martini that's not on the menu and KC got the one with the blow pop in it - mainly because she just really wanted the blow pop :) I always love spending time with KC - all kinds of topics are discussed from careers to college memories. It was a great way to start my weekend.
Friday did not start out the greatest. I had every intention of getting up early to attend daily mass and get an early start to Cedar Falls to see my sister and Regan. My alarm went off, and as I do every morning, I hit the snooze button...or so I thought. I awoke again, without the help of my alarm, and looked at the time - 10:30. Cool Nic, cool. I was 3 to 3.5 hours too late for church (depending on which church I went to) and I was going to be a lot later than what I had hoped with getting to my sister's. Minus the 'snooze button' incident, it was a great day! Regan had a lot of new tricks to show me - she can stand up all by herself without any assistance and she can clap. We are still working on her saying, "coco," but she'll get there soon! :) I always love spending time with my sis and bro-in-law - hilarity always ensues. I was also able to see R for a bit, which was great, because I hadn't seen her since the SNL party.
Saturday I headed off to Clear Lake with my dad to visit my grandparents and celebrate Father's Day. (Wish you could've come too Mom!) As I was driving into town and saw all the SUV's and trucks pulling their boats, I wished I was going to be boating - it was the perfect day for it! Greekfest was also going on in Mason and I would've loved to have engaged in a little culture with R and V but I had to remember my whole reason for being in CL- and I was happy to be spending time with my grandma and grandpa. My grandma always has plenty of yummy treats for us and I knew I'd be partaking in a delicious meal. Shortly after indulging in a nice size piece of my grandma's homemade rhubarb pie for dessert (which I almost didn't want to cut into because it was picture perfect) I said my good-byes and headed back to the dsm.
Today should be a great way to wrap up a fun-filled weekend. Among other things, I'll be preparing for this evening as 187 hosts a bbq and movie night. Great food, great company, great night.
March Madness 2018
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment