Saturday, June 27, 2009

My Sister's Keeper - A Definite Weeper

Do you ever notice how a little box appears in the right-hand corner of your TV when a show begins, for example, DLV? (some suggestive dialogue, language, and violence) Well, I think books should come with some sort of rating system.

Today, I finished reading, My Sister's Keeper. As I looked over at the pile of Kleenex I had used to wipe away my many tears as I read the last few pages of the book, I realized that this is exactly the type of book that should really come with some sort of warning...like instead of a prologue, there should be a letter of notification that the book will make you cry your eyes out.

I would rate this book as HWTJ, Heart wrenching, tearjerker.

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed reading this book. It would just be nice to be forewarned as to what can happen as a result of reading this book. *Warning - this book will have side effects that include, but are not limited to crying, sobbing, eye makeup running down your face, swollen and puffy eyes, and awkward stares from those around you.* I was glad to have read the last few chapters in the privacy of my own room, where not even my roommates would have to endure my adverse reaction.

I can only imagine what's in store for me when I see the movie....L, D, Naomi, whomever - this is your warning!

No comments:

Post a Comment