Sunday, June 7, 2009

When I Wish Upon a Star

I catch myself from time to time saying, "I wish ______." This morning, as I looked out my window and saw the sun shining and went downstairs to find an empty house, I wished that home was only an hour away. How perfect it would be to jump in the car, listen to my "Road Trip" playlist on my Ipod, and head home to see the rents for the day. Maybe play a round of golf with Dad, a trip over to the antique mall with Mom, and grill out before heading back. Sounds pretty ideal to me.

But alas, it is only a wish that I know won't come true. Of course I can find things to keep myself entertained today - maybe a run around Raccoon River Park, sit outside curled up with a book, and being that it's Sunday, I have volleyball to look forward to. That could make for a pretty good day too.

1 comment: