Wednesday, June 17, 2009

A Picture Worth a Thousand Words

I love looking through Newsweek's photo galleries. There are so many interesting topics and powerful photos that can really make you think about the topic at hand; beauty advertisements, natural disasters, human struggle, etc. Tonight I came across one entitled, "Artists Embracing Mental Illness." It's definitely worth checking out - I was "wowed. "

It really got me thinking about how powerful art is. Artists never cease to amaze me. I am completely envious of those who can convey a set of feelings or tell a story with the stroke of a paint brush. (or whatever their means of creating is) How a piece of art can speak to you and how it can unveil all sorts of emotions within you is simply fascinating to me. Art has no boundaries, no rules, no restrictions.

It is truly an inspiring form of human expression and should never go unappreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment