Tuesday, June 9, 2009

What's the Buzz About?

Stephen Colbert has taken the Colbert Report to Iraq this week. He kicked off the first show wearing a camouflaged suit (made by Brooks Brothers - had to add that in for L) and with General Ray Odierno shaving his head, by order of President Obama (via a pre-recorded tape.) He poked fun at the soldiers and the war in Iraq. He, himself, even declared the U.S. victorious in the Iraqi war. This has left a bad taste in the mouths of some people.

I am not one of those people. I commend Colbert on making the trip to Iraq. I think taking his show on location in Baghdad was a great means of showing his support for our troops. So he made some jokes about the soldiers. He's a comedian - that's what he does. The soldiers were laughing....And so he shaved his head into the infamous 'Army buzz cut.' Wasn't this just another way he was showing his support and patriotism? As long as the soldiers weren't offended, why should any of us be?

3 comments:

  1. BBro camo suit, I think that the DeMo demographic would love that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha. I love Colbert. Yeah - some people will find a reason to complain about anything. He's doing a good thing for the soldiers, its essentially a USO tour all of his own. People just don't 'get' his humor. He's not conservative, though his character is. His character is also clueless and egotisical. People don't get that its an ACT. A show. A show on.... COMEDY CENTRAL. Get over it, FoxNews.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually FoxNews presents fair and unbiased reporting ... you should try entering the "no spin zone"

    ReplyDelete