Tuesday, June 30, 2009

A Foolish Resolution

Ignorance came to mind after reading this article.

Do I think that a "moral collapse" is to blame for the current state of the economy? If by "moral collapse" you are referring to such things as greed and the Bush Administration, then yes, I'll agree to that statement. But to say that the economic crisis is due, in part, to Obama's support of LGBT Pride month and because he did not make a big formal production of National Prayer Day is simply asinine, in my humble opinion. Our economy is not collapsing because of homosexuals or Jews or atheists.

It is mind boggling to me how such ignorant people obtain seats in a political office. It is my hope that we will one day live in world without such obtuse thinking.

4 comments:

  1. I think that this may be a stretch of the imagination and that there is a fair amount of ignorance within the state of Oklahoma, but I will agree that morality, or lack there of, really has played a part in our economy and the state of our nation. Not in the sense of homosexuality per se but there has been a definite lack of morality amongst many of our leaders both left and right wing, and these are the people that should be upholding the values our constitution was built on. Different topic totally but we should discuss some time ... if I ever see you again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's called a "red herring" argument.

    Rather than focus on the actual problem or cause - let's just blame the gays!

    I feel that the problem is that factionism has won the majority in America. Nobody sees all sides, that's flip-flopping. Its either 100% Free Market or 100% regulation. Nobody gets that the whole world is grey. We all live in the grey, why do we debate issues as if theres a black and white?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess maybe I should have focused more on Sally Kern than anything in this posting. This woman is nothing short of an ignorant fool. Her close-mindedness is completely and utterly upsetting to me. Anyone recall this statement she made back in March?

    "Studies show that no society that has totally embraced homosexuality has lasted more than, you know, a few decades. So it's the death knell of this country. I honestly think it's the biggest threat our nation has, even more so than terrorism or Islam - which I think is a big threat, okay? Cause what's happening now is they are going after, in schools, two-year olds...And this stuff is deadly, and it's spreading, and it will destroy this nation."

    I dare anyone to defend her crazy antics...

    ReplyDelete
  4. morality may have played a small role in the buildup to this recession, but it was not morality in the sense of gay pride month and national day of prayer. greed, exploitation, conflict of interests, and putting the bottom line in front of responsibility to stakeholders are ways that morality came into play.
    this resolution is crazy and definitely falls into that 'wingnuttery' category.

    ReplyDelete