Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Continuing Ed

I am always seeking out opportunities to learn more. Just because I have a piece of paper from the University of Northern Iowa telling me I'm a college grad doesn't mean I'm excused from any further education. Reading often and doing research via the World Wide Web are just two of the ways I try to stay on top of my game.

My latest quest: Becoming more attune with the world, both geographically and factually. Where else would I go to help me with my quest but the always reliable and 'finest news source' around, The Onion.

I've thoroughly enjoyed reading some of the entries from, Our Dumb World - Atlas of Planet Earth from time to time. And I finally made a point to add it to my summer reading list this year. I think Freakonomics will be a fast read, as it is already fascinating to me. I was hoping to read Angels and Demons again before seeing the movie buutttt after just reviewing my ambitious summer list (including Don Quixote, Catch 22, My Sister's Keeper, Who Killed Change?: Solving the Mystery of Leading People Through Change, and Resilience: Reflections on the Burdens and Gifts of Facing Life's Adversities), I think I better stick to the unread and save the re-reads for a cool fall day.

No comments:

Post a Comment